Monday, March 05, 2007

My bike ride this morning was wonderful.

I got home from the airport last night in a pithy mood...I didn't feel like doing anything. I'd been reading and listening to music for hours and hours already, and had had plenty to drink already that weekend. (Plus, I try to shy away from turning to alcohol for escapism.) I popped a benadryl and started watching an old Adam Sandler movie until I got too sleepy. This morning I at least woke up rejuvenated physically, but still felt quite blase.

I was laying out in the Florida sun yesterday, with a cold offshore wind blowing. Feeling almost cold, I got sunburnt. I regret nothing. I laid out in the solar warmth and listened to this steel-drummer the hotel had hired. Songs I remember: "Three Little Birds," "Monkey Man," "Jericho," "Don't Worry Be Happy," and "Margaritaville." I suppose the last two were pretty obvious choices, but to hear old calypso and reggae songs was not what I was expecting, and it was kind of pleasant as well. It was good to get away from this city for a few days, just to have the mental break. I didn't really get to rest much, and the courses were long and only a little informative, considering I've been getting into this mindset for a while.

I've been thinking and wondering how much of human social interaction is hardwired into us evolutionarily and how much physiological benefit is derived from it - consider also that psychology is just neurophysiology we don't understand yet, as one of my professors told me. I know I've said before that we're all social apes. I almost want to study primatology.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blog often and I trulу аρpreciate уouг content.
Yοur article has tгuly peаked my interest.
I'm going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new details about once a week. I opted in for your Feed as well.

Check out my web page :: hemorrhoids relief

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Do you know if they make any pluginѕ to aѕѕist with
Search Engine Optimizatіon? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm
not sеeing very good results. If you knoω οf any pleasе shагe.
Appreciate it!

Also νiѕit my website chatroulette