Sunday, September 10, 2006

Tonight was a low-key production

Trish came over this afternoon and we were able to sit and talk for a while before we had to go to the movies. We talked about how nice it was that it's getting cold and brisk out, and how our two weeks of fall would be over too quickly. I'm just glad I'm not sweating while sitting around.

We went and saw Idiocracy, which was pretty good. Definitely the kind of movie you need to see with friends. I predict cult classic there. Many, many classic lines.

I think a fair portion of my weight gain was short term, as I'm five pounds less now than a few days ago, and it wasn't through any major physiologic weight loss. Regardless, I should work on eating healthier. Marcela said she was going to bring junk food for me; I don't think she heard me say no.

Tonight I didn't feel like doing anything. Reading, watching a movie, nothing. I finally just made myself some hot chocolate and sat on the couch and read a bit. Then I made myself some warm milk and honey, and sat on the couch and read some more. And all the while I was listening to CDs and writing reviews for the zine I'm working on. The worst part about writing reviews is reviewing the ones I don't like. Trying to fairly describe a record and its faults, while listening to a record you already know you don't like, can become irritating.

Soon to shower and bed. It'll be weird in clinic with people gone for the Tweed course this week. But before I go, some transcription:

Henry Rollins, from Do I Come Here Often?
Thank goodness for Bruce Springsteen to keep all these people in line. Hey! Go to work, be the person you hate, suck your employer's ass, come home and drink, it's all right, Bruce Springsteen wrote a song about you. If you didn't get in line and work all day and hate your own guts, then the Boss wouldn't have anything to write about and he'd go out of business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just picked up "Americans Abroad" and Flogging Molly's DVD/CD "Whiskey on a Sunday" and can write reviews of both for the zine if you want. Let me know.