Sunday, October 07, 2007

The First Annual Less-Than-Honorable Jimmy Chamberlain Pumpkin Run!

Holy shit, it's been a while since I posted anything here. I guess right now I actually feel I have something worthy of contributing...

I guess since my last post, 5+ weeks ago, I've been much busier with the scootering - and the bicycling, too, but that's not what this post is about...

Today was the The First Annual Less-Than-Honorable Jimmy Chamberlain Pumpkin Run, the first public ride of the nascent scooter club I'm in, The Magnificent Seven SC. There are way more than seven of us, too.

Anyway, we met up at the Depot Diner out on the west side, had some hearty breakfast food and then mounted up for a rambling 40-mile route in the eighty-something degree October Chicago heat.

Bungee-tastic fun! And I couldn't fucking resist...

Ben went a different route (most people just duct-taped the fucking thing to their leg-shields) with packing foam support. I'm still not sure what the saran wrap was about.

Ride on! Chicago-bound!

Jay with the triple-threat!

Hurry up and get gas, losers!

Sorry my fingers got caught up there.

Durso (not pictured, unfortunately) ended up winning with a 41-pounder. Mike, with the Honda Elite shown above, came in second place - first loser! - with 35 pounds. Millie (also not pictured) and I tied with 32 pounds each - although my second pumpkin, also brought back according to the rules, brought me up to 56 pounds.

Anyway, we ended up back at the Ranch - AKA Patrick's garage - for pizza, beer, and chit-chat. I stopped by Delilah's on the way home, and coming out of the bathroom, I found the perfect accessory sitting on my barstool. I swear to god I have no fucking clue where it came from!

Balls to the wall, baby! Next week we're planning to knock out Wisconsin's Rustic Roads Awards Program and earn ourselves some patches. Yesterday I paid over $150 for a gorilla suit. I think it needs some use. And that gourd and brassiere are not coming off until they rot off.

Oh, I'm spinning punk rock night at Delilah's on October 29th. Come on out and say hi, I'll give you some candy.

2 comments:

Kathy T. Great said...

THAT IS FRIGGIN' AWESOME! good work!!

Unknown said...

I had a great time Sunday, thanks!