Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I run head-on into traffic in the afternoon. I've logged the longest miles alone at night inside my room.

Fucking shit day. First we get the announcement of a new dress code for our department only. We're already the best-dressed department in the building, and now we get the news that we have to wear shirt and tie every day. Stupid. The tie especially, since they have been shown to collect bacteria within a few wears and are rarely ever laundered. Plus, it's also been shown that patients do not make any differentiation in quality of care based on appearance.

I got my bike back from the shop. $227 for a tune and several new parts, and the fucking chain is skipping more than it was when I dropped it off. The chain derailed at least a half dozen times on the half-mile ride home. I thought it was marginally unsafe to ride in traffic last week when I took it in, but now it's definitely unsafe. The real pisser is that Critical Mass is in two days and I need to find a bike to borrow. Maybe I'll even buy a second bike since I ride enough and it would be nice to have a spare. It's a pain in the ass to drive or take CTA sometimes.

I've had a 26oz. of Piraat in the fridge for a month. Tonight's the night for it. I want to cry and punch walls.

No comments: