Monday, September 18, 2006

For fuck's sake, yes! I just want my pedals to work!

On Friday, I took my bike into Upgrade for a repair of the pedal/crankshaft. They said it should be ready the next day.

On Saturday, the guy told me that he'd accidentally stripped out the new crankshaft with my old pedal and would have to find a new one to replace it and get it mounted and it wouldn't be ready until Sunday.

Sunday I waited for the shop to call and tell me it was fixed. They didn't.

Today I called them, they said it was ready. I left school, took two trains at rush hour to get there, and the original guy told me he couldn't find another crank, and would it be okay if he did some repairy thing that I can't remember and use my original crank? For fuck's sake, yes! I just want my pedals to work! Shit, couldn't he have done that over the phone? Anyway, that has to set overnight, so it'll be ready in the morning at 8am when they open. So I walked back out and across the street and down to the subway and waited for the train. I took the Blue Line back to Medical Center and walked the three blocks back to school, getting back over an hour after I'd left.

Tomorrow I have a 7am lecture, so I won't be able to pick up my bike until the end of the day.

No comments: