Monday, August 07, 2006

I am experiencing unilateral ulnar paresthesia

I went for a bike ride with Shana tonight. We stopped at my place so I could change out of scrubs, and of course the nuclear mess that is my apartment impressed her. Not in a good way, either. She took photos to show her husband how neat she is in comparison. I think she was scandalized by it.

She was also amazed - in a good way, this time - by my postered walls, so that's another feather in my cap.

I remember I cleaned up after the last break, three months ago. Now next week is a break week again and the mess has piled up. Granted, I did make a deliberate decision to completely neglect it. Which is a decision I can at least respect, especially considering the frame of mind I was in at the time. Still, I'd be much happier with myself if I could get my shit together in this regard.

The distal extent of my left ulnar nerve is tingling. I'm not sure why this happens, but it does when I go for long bike rides. It has to do with my wrist position, since it's only the innervated region of my hand that's numb. I have a feeling I'm getting ligamental pressure onto the nerve root. I think I'll try to experiment with new positions.

I got home and realized I hadn't eaten dinner once again. When I'm busy, I don't really mind or notice being hungry. Anyway, I finished off the last few pieces of chocolate left from Silvana's baby shower as I was writing this.

And yet again, I get home too late to call people living in the eastern time zone. I gotta plan my trip to the coast next week, and make other calls.

Francis let me know that FMTM had a good show at the Note, about 160 people turning out, which was good considering Hullabalooza was in town.

And speaking of Hullabulooza, Shana and I were heading south past Grant Park on the Lake Front Path and the Park was still filled with its detritus.

The bike ride was good tonight, although I had to work on keeping the pace down for Shana to keep up. Once I dropped her off at home I hit a pretty good pace and really worked up a sweat for the two miles to my house. I know I should have changed the knobby dirt tire off my rear wheel, but I like the varying pitch as the knobs hit the pavement as I ride.

No comments: